Please do not download or copy photos without my permission, Thank you.

Please do not download or copy photos without my permission, Thank you.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Our Visitors!


This morning we had 2 early morning visitors to our balcony!
We had heard an unusual  noise in the tree unlike any bird we have heard before, when all of a sudden these 2 parrot like birds landed right on the piece which separates us from next door. We suspect that they might not be wild but have escaped from a cage somewhere.


4 comments:

Bev said...

How cute are they? was they there long? xx

Jackie said...

They were flying around the balconies about 5 mins, then they went down to the garden and back into the tree. I think they are still about we keep hearing them.

carol, newcastle said...

These are 'yellow collared' or 'masked' love birds. They come from Tanzania. Maybe they've strayed from Barcelona Zoo, I'm sure I've seen birds like this in the trees down there. I think they'll have a better fate than the escaped budgie I was trying to catch yesterday here in NE England, poor thing!

Jackie said...

Thanks for the info Carol, I looked up the name you gave and yes the pictures I found are exactly the same . We have'nt seen or heard anything of them today so its possible they were just stopping off on their way to somewhere else...I hope!